Wednesday 9 November 2011

Tomasz Tomaszewski

It's been a good while since I've posted for the last time. The amount of work, that has to be done in a very near weeks, makes me feel like Christ carrying the cross up the Golgotha. Please! Don't! I'm unworthy to be crucified! 

Via College'rosa. It's station three, I've just fallen for the first time, but that fall has to make me stronger, more motivated and much more able to reach the goal that I set.

One of the recent posts was about my guru of guru's - Garry Winogrand. Today, I'm inviting you to meet a photographer that is in the most responsible for my drag towards documentary photography. A National Geographic photographer for past 20 years and the Pulitzer Prize winner - Tomasz Tomaszewski. 

About 10 years ago I came across his superb work for the first time. It was during a school trip to a World Press Photo exhibition; his photographs; his approach and his way of telling a story did cast a spell on me.

Today, I was researching his work up to date. What I found and what did appeal the most to me, was his photoreportage on the mine workers in my home region of Poland - Silesia. Although, in the clip Tomasz Tomaszewski talks about it in Polish, it is well worth watching. English subtitles provided. Enjoy!


And finally, his gallery that also includes his work in Silesian mines, don't miss it: Tomasz Tomaszewski Gallery.

Thank you Tomek! Thanks for leading me to the place where I am now! I owe you everything! Dziękuję!

No comments:

Post a Comment