Saturday 19 November 2011

In search for war remains

Last summer holidays I went over to Croatia. During one of the hot days, decided to do a little bit of sightseeing. Bagged my Nikon and drove over to Skradin, a small town in Šibenik-Knin county of Croatia. This small town, as according to the travel guide, has suffered a lot during the Balkan War in 1991-1995. I wasn't expecting much really, as it serves as a transport hub directing traffic to the nearby National Park Krka, but to my amusement, as we arrived, we were welcomed by a young man without one leg. Although the travel guide mentioned that it is highly possible to meet people who suffer from various war injuries, I stayed sceptical, until the arrival.

After the visit to the National Park Krka I went on strolling around the narrow streets of Skradin, looking for a chance to take some good photographs. To be honest, despite the sad view of that young man at the beginning of the day, the whole town seemed to be aimed at tourists. Well, that should've been obvious to me, but anyway Skradin is a very magical place, and I've managed to find some of that magic on one of the side streets.





No comments:

Post a Comment