Monday 31 October 2011

Garry Winogrand

It's Halloween! Shivers, goose pumps and scary stuff. That all happened to me last Thursday, when Sinead, during the lecture, has showed us some of Garry Winogrand's work. Whooaaa! Goose pumps! Shivers!

Well, I knew his work, but didn't know who was the man behind the camera, wasn't aware of his ways of working either, that actually I'm mimicking over years unaware of. Scary stuff! More goose pumps! 

Haven't had a favourite photographer really, until Thursday, when "I've met Garry". Nice to meet you man! You're my master Yoda now, the Big Guru! I could start paraphrasing some work on his person, finding more things that we've in common... but I had enough goose pumps today, thank you!

Scary scary stuff! Happy Halloween!

 



If you've liked the documentary about Garry Winogrand, I'd also recommend a very good article about him by Frank Van Riper for Washington Post:
 

© 1984 The Estate of Garry Winogrand

No comments:

Post a Comment