Sunday 16 October 2011

Some housekeeping stuff

It's been a very busy week. Last week I've went to Poland to shoot a car event - Wolfsgruppe's BBQ, where I've shot my first black and white film in some 8 years. Later during the week, we've developed the roll in the college. I was so excited, it's been like a trip back to the past. I couldn't wait until the developed film will be good to go for making some prints, so the very next day I've done my first contact sheet and a few prints. I felt a bit like Michael J. Fox, travelling back in time in the darkroom time machine. Memories, it's so great to be collecting them. Isn't photography about it? For me it is.

Back to the topic of this post. Before I will start working on the content of the whole blog I'd like to introduce two of my best mates to you. My favourite lenses.

Photo taken with Nikkor 85mm f/2 AIS @ f/2 + 1/100th

Please meet Nikon 50mm f/1.8 E-Series lens. This example is the very first lens that I've purchased, apart from the kit (yes, useless) lens. Got it off ebay for some 50 sterling, a price that would get you 2 sets of cinema tickets for you and your partner. Watch the film online, and buy this universal lens for the money saved. It's a great lens optically and it's also very fast. The focal lenght of 50mm makes it be pretty much multi-purpose piece of a glass. As my DSLR (a Nikon D90) isn't a full frame, this lens serves as a 75mm (why?  Will explain this on some other occasion. Also, will have a closer look at it's superb capabillities in one of the future posts.

Photo taken with Nikon 50mm f/1.8 @ f/1.8 + 1/20th
Say hello to another little friend. This one, as well as the 50mm is a quite old glass, what doesn't actually mean poor in terms of quality. Again, found on ebay for a handy price of 150 euros. Believe me or not, but you can't go wrong for that price. This lens is a top-class, fast and very sharp memories collector. While on a Nikon D90 it's real focal lenght equals 127,5mm, which is handy enough for photo-journalism as well as portrait.

But what am I going to write here about? I will try to show, that stunning results can be achieved at a budget price, also will introduce work of a few of my favourite photographers like Don McCullin for example. Believe that the content of this blog and its direction will develop over the time. Meanwhile, feel welcome to visit my other blog that I'm working on: www.stancesyndicate.com, that is a record of my automotive passion. Would you agree that car modifying can also be an art?

Also have a look at some pictures from the earlier mentioned Wolfsgruppe's BBQ, or actually the night before the grilled sausage day.


And finally, the very last thing I wanted to mention is, that I will keep the standard design of the blog, as I like  it when things are nice, clean, simple and neat. As my old manager would say: "Make it sexy!".


No comments:

Post a Comment